lunedì 20 luglio 2020

A bluebird in my heart

by Charles Bukowski






There's a blue bird in my heart that wants to get out but I'm too tough for him,
I say "stay in there and don't let anybody see you".

There's a blue bird in my heart that wants to get out but I pour whisky on him than inhale sigarette smoke
and the whores and the bartenders and the grocery clerks never know he's in there.

There's a blue bird in my heart that wants to get out but I'm too tough for him,
I say "stay down! Do you wanna mess me up? Do you wanna screw up the works? You wanna blow up my book sales in Europe?"

There's a blue bird in my heart that wants to get out but I'm too clever, I only let him out at night sometimes when everybody is asleep.

I say "I know you're there, so don't be sad" then I put him back but he's singing a little in there.
I haven't quite let him die and we sleep together like that with our secret pact that is nice enough to make a man weep. 

But I don't weep. 
Do you?

C'è un uccello blu nel mio cuore che vuole uscire ma io sono troppo tosto per lui,
Dico "Resta lì e non farti vedere da nessuno".
C'è un uccello blu nel mio cuore che vuole uscire ma io gli verso sopra del whisky e respiro fumo di sigaretta, e le puttane, i baristi e i commessi del supermercato non sanno che lui è lì.
C'è un uccello blu nel mio cuore che vuole uscire ma sono troppo duro per lui,
Dico "stai giù '! Vuoi farmi incasinare? Vuoi rovinare i miei lavori? Vuoi mandare a monte le vendite dei miei libri in Europa?"
C'è un uccello blu nel mio cuore che vuole uscire ma io sono troppo in gamba, lo faccio uscire solo di notte quando tutti dormono.
Dico "so che ci sei, quindi non essere triste", poi lo rimetto a posto ma lui canta un pochino lì dentro.
Non l'ho lasciato morire del tutto e dormiamo insieme così, con il nostro patto segreto, che è abbastanza bello da far piangere un uomo.
Ma io non piango.
E tu, piangi?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento